Status
Not open for further replies.

DjMiner369

Background Information

Minecraft Username:
-DjMiner369

Discord Name#Identifier (Ex. Ryan#6907)
-NotaBark#3888

Link to your character application (Please provide the link to the thread of your approved character application)
- https://patriam.cc/forums/threads/character-application.155/

Are you 16 years of age or older?
-Yes

Nation-Related (Greater detail is expected!)
What is the PRIMARY province are you applying for? (Please province the name of the province as per Patriam: The Age of Kings' Dynmap)
-Ahallaleil

What is the SECONDARY province are you applying for? (You may list a third province if you suspect the primary and secondary may end up unavailable)
-N/A

What colour would you like your province to be on our map? (Please provide a HEX code)
-#634BED

How many players will be joining you upon acceptance? (Bonus points if they are already members of the Discord and can be named | Put N/A otherwise)
-N/A

Have you previously played on earlier renditions of Patriam in Minecraft?
-No

What is the permanent Discord invite for your province?
- https://discord.gg/djUMYtvqtP

Detailed (Please answer the following in greater detail. Please also note if your PRIMARY/SECOND provinces differ for any of them)

What culture is your province? (Ex: Nuokaenian, Drunathein, Proto-Watolian, etc.) [You can make up your own!]
-Azakai with a branch culture of Azalkai, which are Azakai who are considered worthy.

Since Ahallaleil had such a harsh environment creating shelters was highly important, causing a great value to be had for creation. Along with this value of creation, came the Azakai's value of destruction. Destruction provided more space to build and resources to build with. These are the reasons both creation and destruction are highly valued in Azakai culture. This love for creation caused great structures and construction to be done on Ahallaleil. These structures were not only unique because of the people and the challenges they faced, but the materials that the buildings were made of were from the unique lava environment in the center of Ahallaleil, making the colors and textures of architecture unique as well as the shape and structural design. The harsh environment also caused strong, hard working people to be very prominent in Azakai society, causing those types of people to be more likely to be put in positions of power. These people later became known as Azalkai. Eventually, an official method to become an Azalkai was created. This method was called the Fire Games and was an annual summer event to test one's might and worthiness. Anyone who wanted could participate, but these challenges were not for the faint of heart and could be fatal if not careful. After the Fire Games, a celebration would ensue to congratulate the new Azalkai. This celebration eventually started to be celebrated alongside the Fire Games, as a way to include everyone in the special event, and became known as the Fire Festival.

What religion is your province? (OPTIONAL)
-N/A

What government type is your province? (Bonus points for unique titles and/or systems of government)
-Constitutional Electoral Dictatorship

The government consists of two main parts: The Head of Government and the Council.

The Head of Government rules for life or until they resign. They are elected by the citizens of the land. The election for dictator happens within a quarter of a year to a full year (in-game time) after the past dictator abdicates their position or dies. During this time, the Council rules the government.
A dictator cannot give the power of dictator. They can either continue their rule or abdicate and let the people decide the next dictator.
People eligible to run for dictator are any citizen that did not commit a crime and has not yet been dictator. This means that once a dictator abdicates their seat, they can never be dictator again.

The Council consists of citizens of the land who were chosen by the dictator and elected by the people.
Every 8 years, there is an election where the citizens of the land can vote to remove council members from the Council. If any council member gets at least 50% of the total voting capable population, then they are removed from the Council. Only council members who have served the previous 4 years from the voting date participate in this vote. Otherwise, council members serve for life or until they resign. This vote is called the Council Maintenance Election.
Unlike a dictator, council members are not barred from becoming council members again, even if they were removed from power.
People eligible to be chosen for and elected council member are any citizen that did not commit a crime.

The main power is held by the dictator, and while the council has power, their main job is to act as advisors to the dictator and keep the government stable and the nation running well when the dictator abdicates or dies.
The council is also a great way for the dictator to delegate responsibilities, tasks, and the management of the government.

The constitution is above all and defines the power for the dictator and council.

Laws are created by the dictator or the council with a two thirds majority vote, but laws created by the council can be veto'd by the dictator. If a law created by the council is not veto'd or approved by the dictator within a week (irl time), then it is passed into official law.
The dictator can abolish any law at any time. The council needs a 50% majority to abolish a law. The abolishment of the law goes into effect after a week if the dictator did not veto the abolishment and instantly, whenever the dictator approves it.
Laws cannot go against the constitution.

An Emergency Special Council Maintenance Election is held whenever the dictator abdicates or dies to make sure only approved council members are able to change the law. The council does not have the power to abolish laws until this election is complete. The reason this election is special is because all council members are included in it, and not just council members who served for the previous four years from the election date.

Why do you want to be the Lord of this province?
-I was out exploring the world and came across this strange land. I was completely amazed by its magnificence. I saw boiling lava, strange rocks, and unique life. Propelled by my curiosity, I ventured further into the island, exploring it more. I found an oasis which intrigued me. I even witnessed a horrific beast that shot flaming balls at me. By the time I left the island, I was filled with a sense of inspiration to come back and settle this great, fantastical land.
When I returned from my voyage, I told my king, Ancelin, of the great island I found. I told him of my dreams for this land and wishes to settle it. Seeing how excited I was about this amazing land, Ancelin agreed to let me leave Ankoantia to settle the great Ahallaleil. So, I prepared my ship and said my farewells to the people of Ankoantia. Ancelin gave me his blessing, and with that, I went off to settle the great Ahallaleil.

What is the background and/or history of your province? (Linking to Google Docs is acceptable, the more detail and relation to existing lore the better!)
- https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Gi9rJ9WOqT_jkrM83AcCcjVSOmuK5H_wSvdufMVsCis/edit?usp=sharing

Any extra information/things you'd like to add?
-No

Approved

This is an exemplary and absolutely outstanding application! In future, those who wish to apply for sought-after provinces should take note and example of this application. Well done!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back